Date posted: December 28, 2016
With the buildings new addition, many new machines were introduced into the building. MBS purchased the following machines brand new:
- CNC Haas VF 1YT Mill
- EDM Max SD510
- Yougar EDM Drill
- Amada Spot Welder
- 3 Auto TIG Welders
MBS also purchased the following machines used:
- CNC Haas VF 3YT Mill
- CNC Haas VF2 Mill
- CNC Haas SL-20 Lathe
- Pacific Hydraulic Press
MBS has added an addition that abuts our last addition for the laser room. This addition was completed in March of 2016 and is 3,000 square feet. It has allowed MBS to move some machines around to free up more room on the shop floor for assembly projects, and also allowed MBS to purchase a few more machines to help increase production. This new addition is used as a cell to run parts for big projects and houses:
- 3 CNC Haas VF 3YT Vertical Mills
- 2 CNC Haas ST30 Lathes
- 1 CNC Haas VF 1YT Vertical Mill
- 1 CNC Haas SL20 Lathe
- 1 CNC Haas VF1 Vertical Mill
- 1 EDM Max SD510
- 1 Yougar EDM Drill
- 1 CNC Bridgeport M2 Mill
- 4 Welding booths
- Black Hawk Industrial Vending Machine
In September 2015, MBS fabrication purchased a second building located in Inman, South Carolina. The building is 11,000 sq ft, and started production in May 2016. The second location has helped to get more products out on time, and will be a valuable asset for MBS as it becomes more independent.
Date posted: December 9, 2016
We are looking for experienced Toolmakers to create and repair tooling used in the manufacture of fabricated metal parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from engineering drawings and concepts using appropriate equipment such as surface grinders, CNC, wire EDM, lathes and milling machines to produce components, fixtures, tooling, gauging, prototype product parts and other machined items. The toolmaker must be able to take conceptual ideas all the way through final finish and assembly.
- Create dies -making items and maintaining existing dies; including punches, dies, and die sets.
- Use necessary measuring devices to assure tight tolerance parts conform to engineering drawings.
- Understand and perform to quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required.
- Set up and operate all machines in the tool room.
- Assist production area with troubleshooting machining processes and tooling problems.
- High School/GED, prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ year’s prior experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce finished components from a concept or engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability to set up, program, and operate CNC milling machines and lathes.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs; good working knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Mastercam software experience a plus
- Experience with tools and dies for forming and bending sheet metal a plus.
- Have completed an apprenticeship training program a plus
Date posted: May 13, 2015
The Pulsar NT is designed for the high-volume, short-run production of sheet metal parts. Featuring quick setup, easy material loading, reliable high-speed processing, and the automated unloading of multiple, press-brake ready parts.