Date posted: December 9, 2016
We are looking for experienced Toolmakers to create and repair tooling used in the manufacture of fabricated metal parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from engineering drawings and concepts using appropriate equipment such as surface grinders, CNC, wire EDM, lathes and milling machines to produce components, fixtures, tooling, gauging, prototype product parts and other machined items. The toolmaker must be able to take conceptual ideas all the way through final finish and assembly.
- Create dies -making items and maintaining existing dies; including punches, dies, and die sets.
- Use necessary measuring devices to assure tight tolerance parts conform to engineering drawings.
- Understand and perform to quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required.
- Set up and operate all machines in the tool room.
- Assist production area with troubleshooting machining processes and tooling problems.
- High School/GED, prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ year’s prior experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce finished components from a concept or engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability to set up, program, and operate CNC milling machines and lathes.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs; good working knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Mastercam software experience a plus
- Experience with tools and dies for forming and bending sheet metal a plus.
- Have completed an apprenticeship training program a plus